As part of the Belfast City Region Deal, Employers from across the Newry Mourne and Down District Council area are being invited to get on board with a new initiative, designed to help graduates achieve industry relevant qualifications and gain work experience within the growing digital sector.
The Colleges delivering the ‘Digital Futures’ courses are seeking to create a list of interested companies and organisations who can offer a Graduate a ten-week placement opportunity. This can be either remote or in your work/ office space. The students would require placement in one of the following disciplines:
- Data Analytics – https://app.mindmill.co.uk/MyMindMill/landing/serc
- Cloud Computing – https://www.belfastmet.ac.uk/support-for-business/digital-futures/
- Cyber Security – https://www.swc.ac.uk/digitalfutures
Benefits for employers to take on a placement student include:
- Access to graduates with fresh training and qualifications who can bring new ideas to your team
- Pipelining future talent for your business
- An opportunity for staff to offer mentoring and develop their own management skills
Students will be paid a £150 per week training allowance whilst on placement at no cost to the employer.
Interested businesses willing to offer one or more work placement opportunities in Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, or Cyber Security should email [email protected] and indicate which of the three disciplines they are interested in.
The Belfast Region City Deal, the first of its kind for NI, will deliver a transformational £850 million investment programme over the next decade, helping the city region recover more quickly from challenges posed by Covid-19 through investment in innovation and digital, tourism and regeneration, infrastructure and employability and skills.