WHAT IS THE NMDDC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR NON-ACCOUNTANTS PROGRAMME?
Whilst SME and micro enterprise owner-managers are typically very strong in areas such as product design, sales and customer service, a common weakness shared by many owner-managers is a ‘fear of the numbers’. As a result, many owner-managers ‘leave this to the accountant’ and only worry about financial performance when their year end accounts are about to be posted.
Whilst this ‘bury the head in the sand’ approach to financial management is often tempting, one of the common attributes of resilient businesses is an ongoing focus on the numbers.
The Financial Management for Non-Accountants Programme is aimed at owner-managers who want to know what they need to know … without becoming an accountant.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME INVOLVE?
3 compulsory workshops aimed at laying a foundation for your online growth
- Understanding your business’s costs and how to manage these;
- Managing cash in a turbulent world;
- Accessing finance from external sources.
Access to bespoke one-to-one mentoring from an experienced consultant whose role will be to help you get to grips with the finances of your business so that you can ultimately run it more effectively
Due to ongoing restrictions relating to travel and social interaction, all one to one mentoring will be provided virtually using Zoom software. (A member of the Full Circle team can assist you to access and begin to use this)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Be based in the Newry Mourne and Down District Council Council area;
- Employ less than 50 people;
Please note that if you have previously participated on the NMD Business Growth Programme, you may apply however the amount of mentoring support that you will be eligible to receive may be restricted.
IS PARTICIPATION FREE?
Yes – the Programme is 100% free to participants.
Delivered as part of the NMD Business Growth, the Programme is part-funded by Invest NI and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth and Jobs Northern Ireland [2014 – 2020] Programme.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROGRAMME LAST FOR?
Will start in early July 2020 and run until Mid-September 2020.
SO HOW DO I APPLY?
- Email Sandy at Full Circle – email@example.com – and let him know that you wish to apply for a place on the Finance for Non-Accountants Programme. Alternatively, please call her on 0792 1876 916.
- Sandy will then liaise directly with you to ensure that you are eligible to apply and to assess your priority support needs in this field.
- Deadline for all expressions of interest in relation to this Programme is Friday 26 June 2020 at 1pm – We encourage you to express your interest as soon as possible because we expect demand to be extremely high for places on this Programme.